Smartphone and Tablet continuously growing
The unstoppable spread of the most advanced operating systems on mobile devices combined with the presence of stores ever richer of applications had a strong impact on the use of mobile phones, encouraging designers to produce an always better experience to user on all services.
In Italy, there are more than 20 million regular users of mobile devices, more than twice compared to 2010. Among them, 3 out of 4 users at least downloaded an app or access to companies’ mobile websites, and 40% click on ads for products, services, promotions or sale, because of their attractiveness and creativity. So what are the trends that characterize the approach of users against mobile device? Here are the main ones:
- Mobile shopping: the possibility to buy products and services directly from their mobile device is becoming a habit for many users, who benefit in this way, to the comfort of being able to search products, see reviews and shop almost at any time and in every place, in just a few click.
- Mobile video: another habit that characterizes the advent of smartphones is to use the video capture capabilities available, sometimes, even in high definition. This function is very useful also for companies, which can move on their website and YouTube channel multimedia "live" contents, with a strong communicative impact on users.
- Mobile social networking: one of the main reasons for the exponential growth of social networks on a global scale undoubtedly lies in the possibility to see the platforms from mobile applications, sharing news, photos and video in real time. For this reason, today more than ever "mobile" rhymes with "social".
- Mobile ADV: for the increasingly intensive use of smartphone devices by consumers, companies intensified the budget directed to advertising on the mobile. This also means worrying about graphic design and function compatible with mobile devices.
Not only mobile: design for tablets
While mobiles are progressing on their constant and unstoppable growth, the interesting reality emerging parallel is represented by tablet devices now considered an integral part of an internet marketing strategy. How to include smartphones and tablets within a single web marketing strategy? Currently there are two main paths to take, not alternatives but rather complementary in most cases:
- Customized applications: building applications for smartphones and tablets helps to narrowing the gap between company and the consumer.
- Responsive design: designing a responsive design website means to make it accessible and navigable from any device, no matter the size or the screen resolution.